One thing and another led me to reading Don Miquel Ruiz's "Voice of Knowledge" and now I'm reading "The four agreements". This has given me a few more tools to help keep the above perspective. simple things like:
- enjoying breathing - just focus on one breath and enjoy it. Repeat, often
- asking myself what story I am creating, is it a story I like - if not edit it.
- ask myself if other people are creating my story - if so regain my rights as author of my own story.
- Remembering that "the story" isn't the true me and that minus our stories we are all one - not only with other human beings but all other beings
- don't take things personally - other beings are acting towards me from the perspective of their own stories.
- don't believe my own or other people's stories as they are only illusion anyway - a kind of play or programming.