Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Experiencing Pineal Gland Activation Week 1 results

I've been been using the diet and exercises in Power Up Your Brain - Perlmutter, David, Villoldo, Alberto for some weeks and then read  Pineal Gland and Third Eye: How to Develop "Conscious Self" Psychic Abilities  by Jill Ammon-Wexler which gave me actual techniques to use to activate the pineal gland. I also availed myself of some brainwave music using the Android application "Brain Tuner Lite".

What I've been doing on almost a daily basis for about the last ten day is 
  • lying down
  • listening to the "self-hypnosis" setting on the "Brain tuner lite" program
  • starting out with a few minutes of alternate nose breathing (to balance both sides of the brain apparantly)
  • then when my arms start to ache from that I just put my arms down at my sides or do the hand position (mudra) the Jill Ammon-Wexler recommends.  Relaxed I close my eyes and breathe in through my nose, focusing my breath up to the third eye and then releasing the breath out through my mouth.  I do this for a little bit until I'm suitably focused on the third eye and deeply relaxed.
  • then my own innovation is to send loving thoughts to my third eye and just rest my awareness there seeing what I see on the screen behind my closed eyes.
The first few times I tried this nothing special happened and then about the third time I saw swirly colours of indigo, almost an electric blue - really quite pretty.  I am ware I must not get fixated on such effects but at the moment I'm using it as feedback that I'm doing the right thing.  After the first time this happened I got nothing over the next couple of days.  The two reasons I put down for that is that I was trying to hard and the other was it was the middle of my work week (lack of time and too much work stuff on the mind).  At the end of the week I had more time and determined I was going to give it my best shot and go really deeply into it even it took some time to really relax and clear myself of expectations.  This time I got the colours again. I tried twice more that day and got the same results - the later times without the brainwave music and mudra.  I think the brain is starting to learn the pathways and its getting easier each time. Today it was quite easy to achieve and even with my eyes opening and not trying to meditate I can still focus on my third eye point and get a sense of what I feel during meditation. The colours during meditation are now more sustained - not just the occassional flashes.

What I don't know is what to expect if I keep going with this - so I'll have to do some research on the web and just keep experimenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment